Cost per serving:
Store covered in fridge. Good for 3 days.
- 1 medium orange
- 1 ½ teaspoons imitation or pure vanilla extract or 1 whole vanilla bean
- Clean pitcher
- Big spoon
- Cutting board
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Wash the orange under cool running water.
- Use the cutting board and knife to slice the orange in half and then into half-moon slices. Remove any seeds.
- Add the orange slices and vanilla to the pitcher.
- Fill the pitcher with 6 cups of cool tap water.
- Stir gently, using spoon.
- Put the pitcher in the fridge for at least 2 hours or until contents are cold.
- Remove the orange slices and vanilla beans (to reduce the risk of choking) and set aside.
- Pour the flavored water into glasses and serve.