- 1 ½ cups 100% orange juice
- 1 cup (about 6-8) strawberries, fresh or frozen (thawed, with juices)
- 2 ½ cups low-fat milk*
- 10 ice cubes (optional)
- Clean pitcher
- Big spoon
- Cutting board
*This recipe is also delicious with unsweetened, unflavored soy milk.
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Wash fresh strawberries under cool running water.
- Use the cutting board and knife to slice the fresh strawberries in half and then into half-moon slices.
- Add the strawberries, orange juice, and milk to the pitcher. Use spoon to mash thawed strawberries, if using.
- Add the ice cubes to the pitcher, if using.
- Stir gently, using spoon.
- Put the pitcher in the fridge for at least 2 hours or until contents are cold.
- Remove the strawberry pieces (to reduce the risk of choking) and set aside.
- Pour the flavored milk into glasses and serve.
Download the Recipe Card*Fruity Milk Recipe Card
*All of our cards are offered in English and Spanish